The Shirley Hendrick Award recognizes a University administrator whose visionary accomplishments have contributed significantly to foster and increase Penn State’s efforts to serve the adult learner. The award is open to academic administrators University-wide, including deans, associate and assistant deans, and chancellors, whose efforts have made an impact on the accessibility of programs and services available to adult learners throughout the University community.
- Champions strategic initiatives to integrate best practices for adult learners into the overall landscape of the University.
- Encourages innovative activities to foster and inspire a culture of collaboration while improving access to adult learner programs and services.
- Exemplifies the spirit of entrepreneurial and visionary leadership in creating new opportunities for adult learners to access Penn State programs.
NOTE: All award nominees should be prepared to present at the 2017 Hendrick conference as part of their recognition. Further information will be shared with those individuals by the Hendrick Award and Conference planning committee following award winner selection.
Nomination Information and Deadline
A simple form and two short letters of support are all that is required to nominate a colleague for the Shirley Hendrick Award.
- Gather your letters of support
- Deadline is November 30, 2016 for 2017 nominations
For More Information
Questions about the award or nomination process may be directed to Francis Achampong at email@example.com.